Sunday 25 July 2010

49. See These Animals in the Wild

49.See These Animals in the Wild...
c) Hippo
e) Elephant
k)Lion
h)Koala
l) Monkey
p)Crocodile


OK so unfortunately I cant show you all of my experiences with these animals as some I saw when I was younger and others well I forgot to take pictures silly cow... but it still counts right? =P These pictures are taken from the Lower Zambezi National Park and Chongwe River Camp Zambia. May I just say that it is an absolutely amazing experience...

To be so close to these animals sitting in the vehicle watching them lie there, the lions I must say were quite pro-active as you can see by their rolling in the sun. Just like domestic cats, however I think it would be pushing it to jump out and stroke them, I think they would look at you thinking you were more like dinner.







There were also quite a few elephants at camp, they like the acacia trees =] I suppose less dangerous (slightly) to Buffalos who will just charge at you which means RUNN!! Elephants on the other hand can also mock charge best of 2? If you see one just try and hide.. They're very protective of their young though, the baby ellies can be quite unpredictable, but aww theyre so sweet I remember seeing one looking very enthusiastic jumping on the sand.



You know Hippos are quite difficult to take pictures of because as soon as you dig your camera out on the water in your boat, they can feel the ripples and go down under. So I am afraid to say that my pictures of them are just heads and ears mainly oh well. They have quite a distinctive sound as well, which is great and everything just not at 2 in the morning when all you want to do is shut them up so you can get some sleep XD although you do get used to it and come to love it. Will try and post sound of them, its quite hard to describe but yeah.



Saw some Vervet monkeys hence I have crossed it off my list ^_^ too theyre very sweet and cute but quite cheeky!















No comments:

Post a Comment